Friday, May 30, 2003

Love Everyone-Except Republicans: On the eve of the current Bush's inaugeration, I was in a church listening to a sermon. The pastor used his sermon to basically castigate the incoming GOP and talk about how wonderful Clinton was especially in terms of race. I sat there fuming. The sad thing I was sitting in a service for gay and lesbian Christians. Here was a place where people knew what it meant to fight for tolerance and diversity, except for Republicans so it seems.

Last night, after a really bad day, I decided to watch an episode of "Queer As Folk." There was a quote from Debbie, the gay friendly Mom explaining how gays have survived "AIDS, gay bashing, and 'asshole Republicans.'" Oh, how nice.

Today, I read a great story about the bigotry expressed by so-called tolerant liberals of those who happen to be Republican. I don't know about you, but I get tired of people who know that I'm openly gay, pro-choice and pro-enviroment wondering why I am a Republican. It's because I believe in liberty, free markets and free expression. I get tired of people thinking that conservatives are all dumb as opposed to the smart liberals.

Anyway, enough ranting. Enjoy the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End .box -->