Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm Not Dead Yet

So, if you follow this blog, you've noticed that I've been quiet for almost a week. As my close friend and contributing blogger, Mark said in a post yesterday, I took sometime off to deal with some other issues in my life. You see, last Friday, I was let go of from my job. It was all rather sudden and let's just say it didn't start the weekend off on the right foot. Thankfully, I have a wonderful boyfriend who took care of me and friends who came around to support me. It's good to know that I am rich in friends.

So, for the past week I've been busy looking for a new job, filing for unemployment benefits and doing some volunteer work that I haven't had the time for. In the end, it was probably a good thing that I was let go. My prior employer and I had different objectives, so maybe it was the best. Anyway what I was doing was just a job, not my passion. My real loves are the church and writing, anyway. I think part of the reason that I'm not so despondent is that I work as a co-pastor of a new church start and I manage public relations for a local choral ensemble. Of course, since both are new, they don't pay, so I need to find a job that pays the bills. But I am getting a ton of experience.

If you know of someone that needs a good writer, let me know. I will be getting back to some blogging again. My parents raised a fighter, and fight I will. I might be down, but I am most certainly not out.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Kirkrrt said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End .box -->