Sunday, December 04, 2005

On "Vacation"

I wanted to write something so that people know I'm still around. Since I was let go of my job on Veteran's Day, I've been taking a sort of vacation from blogging. I've been using most of the time to of course look for work, do some PR work arts group, do work for the church I'm co-pastor at and spend time with my boyfriend.

In that time, I haven't blogged much, nor have I kept up with other blogs that I used to follow religiously.

And you know what?

I don't miss it.

I don't know what that all means, and no, this is not a post about me giving up blogging to take more walks. (Anyway, it's about 10 degrees outside, so no walks for me.) However, I wonder how important blogging is. I mean, when you are trying to find ways survive, you have to wonder how important it is for people to know your views on Tom Delay.

When I started blogging three years ago, I wanted this to be a place where moderates could gather. I hope it is. But blogging is too much a place where people only hear what they want to hear.

Does blogging really change anything? I dunno. Can moderate bloggers make change? I dunno. I beginning to think what is more important is acutally getting involved in something. I just don't know if blogging is going to spur some movement.

Then there's the need to constantly publish something and to get noticed by other bloggers. I can't speak for others, but I have to admit that I've had that feeling of needing to share something and hoping another blogger would mention it. Looking back, it seems like I was caught up in this need to be noticed, to feel good about me.


I'm not going to stop blogging, but it won't hold the same passion it once did. After losing my job, I've learned that family, friends and in my case the love of a good man are what's important. Blogging about the latest scandal doesn't hold a candle to that.

I will be blogging on a more regular basis at some point (probably when I'm employed again). For now, I'm just going to stay on vacation. Don't worry; you will see a post every now and then. I've got to write "postcards" from vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End .box -->