Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Marriage is about Love:Patti Davis, the daughter of former President Ronald Reagan wrote a great article about gay marriage. Here is the "money" quote for me:

"The harder question is: What is frightening about a same-sex couple standing forth in front of the world and making their commitment to one another public? Is the happiness of others really so threatening? Maybe the bravery is what’s threatening. I don’t know if I could stand up to society’s wrath in the name of love. I hope I could, but as a straight woman, I’ll never be tested on that one."

I think she has a point there. I think there are people who are threatened by another person's happiness. They can only be happy when they ruin the lives of others. I think it's time to make sure they have many bad days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

!-- End .box -->